Thursday, January 31, 2008

Image Ideas for SCC Exhibit





















I just received news! My work was recently juried and selected to be included in the 2008 - 2009 exhibition year at the Seminole Community College Fine Arts Gallery. I am very excited!

I am sharing the image of "Fish Pools", the only piece I have created from an intended series of inspirations from
Bok Tower. Actually called Bok Sanctuary in Lake Wales Florida. I definately need to make a point of going back there during various blooming seasons. I am considering creating new work for the SCC exhibtion which may feature more koi or wild life from Bok Sanctuary.

"Fish Pools" has been selected and recognized with awards since it's creation in 2006. It was placed on lay away in December and my art collector will be picking it up soon. I adore my art collectors. This particular collector is young and sweet. Originally we met (oh as I write I am having an AH HA moment) when she came to my studio on assignment from Jay Spalding her art professor at SCC! (That was the AH HA) The first time she came into my studio and looked at my work her eyes became moist with emotions. She wanted a piece of my art so badly she purchased a print, stating that someday she would have an original. Sometime later, to her surprise she received one under the tree. Now she gives "Fish Pools" to the love of her life for his birthday! This young couple now have four Pedrero pieces. I am so proud to say that I am their first artist to be selected for their art collection.


Enter your Email






Preview Powered by FeedBlitz

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Robin,

I love "Fish Pools." What media is this?

Kelli

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Kelli,

Thank you! This is pastel on canson, 19" x 25". Pastel is my specialty. I am proud to say I obtained signature status from the Pastel Society of America a few years ago.

Carlynne said...

Robin,
This is beautifully done and congrats on the signature status - it's well deserved.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Carlynne,

What a wonderful compliment from YOU who are in The Best Of Books in Colored Pencil AND Pastel!Thank you!