Sunday, February 03, 2008

L.I.F.E.

There's still time to experience the L.I.F.E. show and see my door.
L.I.F.E. Exhibit Orlando City Hall Terrace Gallery - 400 S. Orange Ave. - Orlando (Downtown Orlando)This exhibition features 25 artists' doors on the theme of L.I.F.E. – Love is for Everyone. Sundays and Saturdays : 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. (ends March 2)Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays : 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. (ends March 2)

All of us at the opening spoke of how the show felt so different at the Terrace Gallery. The previous exhibition at 1st Thursday OMA (Orlando Museum of Art) was a wonderful interactive experience with the crowd, but only one evening. Whereas the space at the Terrace Gallery provides fabulous lighting, a clear uncluttered white viewing space that allows you to focus on the art, and the show is up for the whole month! We, the artists are delighted to have our work exhibited in this space.

We were all impacted by the two environments. Recently Alyson Stanfield asked artists about environmental factors and the display of our art in "Controlling how your art is viewed". Same show new venue;different feel. I have to say I enjoyed both venues gaining new perspectives and interactions with this exhibit. We would all like to see the show travel. It is not easy to photograph such a tall door so here is my door in progress and close ups. My door is covered in quotes, phrases, and words which truly need to be read in person.
video

No comments: