Sunday, June 22, 2008

Affirmations of loving art for your collection

This piece has been on the easel becoming my most recent work of art.
A scene inspired by my travels to Big Sur. Pastel by Robin Maria Pedrero.

My quote presently under my signature email is; "Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love."Claude Monet. It surprised me that it reflected my post about collecting art via an impressionist master. It also made me smile to think of our timeless universal journeys as artists.

A few more articles in support of Loving your art;

In Absolute Arts in the archives 02/11/2005: "Tips for collecting art online" by Michael Corbin
His #1 item is "BUY ONLY WHAT YOU LOVE" "Buy what you love and even if the artist doesn't become famous, you STILL own something you love! Happiness is a good investment."

In Collecting 101A New Fine Art Registry SeriesThe Joys and How To's of Collecting Art, they discuss "An Emotional Connection
This brings us to our first basic – collect your passion. Collect things that you love and will cherish and enjoy. "

In Business Week The Art of Collecting Art by By Joan Oleck

and having a budget;

Art on a BudgetThe Secret to Starting a Great Art Collection? It's Not a Fat Bank Account.
By Dan ZakWashington Post Staff WriterSunday, March 30, 2008


The lists go on, but you already knew you needed to buy what you love. Your art will be around a lot longer than your pants, or your stove for that matter. Are you curious as to what art I have been collecting? I have a variety of mediums; silk paintings, sculptures, ceramic, acrylic, mixed media, collage, watercolor, oil, pastel, fabric, photography and more, all created by other artists. I am thinking of sharing a few in future posts.

No comments: