Monday, June 30, 2008

New York 1980's

I have been documenting, and was searching for my hand held slide illuminator when I found this picture of me at around 15 years old. I am in front of my oil painting (girl with scarf) in New York, Grand Central Station sometime around 1979 - 1981. I am not sure of the gentleman's name but he was associated with the Scholastic awards. By the way a few years later I had that painting stolen by a gallery owner in Connecticut who closed down and escaped the country on tax evasion. Last I knew it and two other pieces were on exhibition at a bank in the vicinity near Plainfield or Canterbury. The signature is my maiden name Robin Neilson. The model Pamela was from Mystic Ct. It is funny I look at it and can actually remember mixing paint, and applying the layers like it was a few months ago, but it is not quite 30 years ago!

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

WOW!! What a wonderful memory! You certainly showed your talent at a young age. I LOVE your portraits on the website as well as the colorful landscapes.
Maybe if I live long enough I'll be able to look back proudly at my paintings 30 years back. Although I can see that 30 years ago your work was GREAT, it would be nice to think that the years and the miles and miles of paint will help my skills as well.

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Robin, how cool that you have this photo! THis is a wonderful addition to the blog!