Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Purple Tree Series Video

The art depicted in this video was created throughout 1997 - 2007. Recently I was found by Ginny Stewart, Executive Director of stewartknows Inc. "Your, "Purple Tree." signified for me, the pain of low self esteem, that feeling of loneliness, that so many youth are accosted with daily." Her response and my mother's as shared in The Purpletree Story are somewhat similar. I look back and see my visual journal. When it began I was a newly divorced single mom with two girls. I remarried and moved our lives several hours away. I see the three of us in the earlier pieces. I see me feeling alone in Orlando, struggling to recreate. I see seasons, seeking roots, longings, love, basking in warmth, just being. Ginny asked and I will donate work to stewartknows Inc. for their upcoming fundraiser, more on that as the news comes in.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST GORGEOUS ARTWORK!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

This series is so introspective and universal. I like the solitary trees.

Davey

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the chunk of Berlin wall? Do you still have it?

Theresa

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

I was pasrt of thew Berlin Wall Project. The piece was stolen while on exhibit at Cafe tu tu tangos.