Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Somethings Happenin Here


...what it is ain't exactly clear" Buffalo Springfield's song runs through my mind. Design. Color. Mixed Media (wood, gesso, acrylic, paper gel gloss medium, charcoal, pencil, ink) I had a blast creating this art. Perhaps you may notice the implementation of similar design elements in my recent pieces, "Linger", "Cupcake in the City" and "Cup full of Candlelight". I pull images or childlike design simplicities from memory. I used a similar technique on my L.I.F.E. door.


Yesterday's post included one view of my studio. Here on the other side of my studio, working in a less frequent method I kept wanting to have the wood up and vertical like I am accustomed to working on my easel, but my fluid acrylics needed to be evolving and drying flat.

Making art can be hazardous to your health. I wear protective gloves when working with pastel. Working in acrylic with brushes, I did not. While using gloss medium my hand had an allergic reaction. So looks like I need the gloves here too.

2 comments:

elizabeth Nelson said...

wow, this is a great different style, technique. very different from your luminous landscapes!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thank you Elizabeth. Now that I am in a private studio with adequate incubation time, I feel more free to "play" and experiment. I woke up at 4 am to create another work of art in this medium. Perhaps my tagline will have to change, We shall see. In my Etsy store I used "A Visual Journey". I have always liked the word journey.