Thursday, July 24, 2008

Full Circle

I click on the links to the ebloggers who comment on my posts to see what they are up to in their blogs. I like meeting new and interesting people. Today Peggi (who creates lovely portraits) lead me to Manon whose profile mentions Scottsdale which in turn reminds me of my trip there and into Sedona last year. Although I have shows and will be on this coast in early fall, I am reminded of a great place with a big event in September. Tlaquepaque, Hwy 179, Sedona, AZ , "Tlaquepaque Celebrates Art and All That Jazz At State of the Art Event" visit: http://www.tlaq.com/. While reading Manon's blog I see a cool dog creation of hers and leave a comment and whose comment do I see but another blogger & mutual etsy store owner who I met via twitter, my friend Melissa, who creates PUG everything! I could go on but the point is this morning I became part of a fun project at the Art House in Atlanta Ga. (not to be confused with the Art House in nearby Casselberry FL). I intend to use this six degrees of separation or would it be more like "When a little bug went Ka choo" or a Rube Golberg effect via the Internet as inspiration for my work in this upcoming project. I usually don't like to let the eggs out of the incubator too early but I am committed to hatching this one.

They allow 500 participants so if you want to apply it's inexpensive fun for anyone.

The Canvas Project Deadline: August 15, 2008 .We’re sending five 3x3 inch
canvases to up to 500 participants from around the country. Artists cover the
canvases using any medium they want based on the theme of “Memories and
moments.” Anyone can participate–from the seasoned artist to the person who has
never even drawn a stick figure. Show will be held at Art House Gallery in
Atlanta, Ga. $16 submission fee.To participate: www.arthousecoop.com/canvasproject

1 comment:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

good morning robin!
what a fun post! i am so glad we have met!
:) melissa