Friday, July 25, 2008

I received an Arte Y Pico Award from Nancy Moskovitz


I received an Arte Y Pico Award from Nancy Moskovitz.
This is an honor! Thank you Nancy Thank you!


There are rules to go with the award.
Originally created by Esey, this award is to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents. Here is a link of Esey's blog translated into English "What is the meaning of the expression "Art and Pico"Basically it translates into a wonderful
phrase in Mexico, "lo maximo." It will never find its counterpart in English, but if it had to, it would be something like "Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.

4. The Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte Y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these conditions.
Decisions, decisions...Alyson Stanfield just got one from Nancy making me wonder with all Alyson does for us artists she might have an over flowing shelf of these. I truly believe most of us are out here writing these blogs because Alyson said so. Hey, I do what she says. What's more is we LIKE it! Nancy just got an award, and Linda who I thought of, just awarded Nancy.
My first Arte Y Pico Award goes to Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson. We are partners in exhbition yet still I learn more in her posts and am inspired. She creates the most incredible paper paintings I have ever seen! BTW (teaser) we have a book coming out.....

The second Arte Y Pico Award goes to Lee Rosenbaum "The Culture Girl" who provides me with an inside track to the arts world. She is a professional who writes frequently for the Wall Street Journal's "Leisure & Arts" page. A cultural contributor on New York Public Radio (WNYC) and the author of The Complete Guide to Collecting Art (Knopf). She my secret sword.

The third Arte Y Pico Award goes to Glenn Weiss of Aesthetic Grounds. He's actually in nearby Delray Beach, Florida, but don't let that scare ya he lived in Seattle and NYC and rocks the art world with critiques and writing I could drink.
Two from Arts Journal, yet I am not sure they will be arriving to receive their awards.
The fouth Arte Y Pico Award goes to Ela Steel for her bold creativity and in special thanks to her brilliantly pioneering the vlog. She is my YOU TUBE GURU inspiration. I can't wait to share the portraits we are painting of each other!

The fifth Arte Y Pico Award goes to Katherine Tyrrell for "Making a Mark " Her blog is so informative; artwork, art careers, interviews with artists, information about resources for artists and art lovers...plus she featured Elizabeth!

3 comments:

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Robin - Thanks for the award. I'm afraid I've largely stopped participating in these memes but the thought is very much appreciated.

Watch out for my own Making A Mark Awards (for art blogs and bloggers) at the end of the year!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Katherine,
I suspected as such yet I chose to go with my favorites, your blog being one, and with a big smile receive your comment as acceptance of the compliment. I am a subscriber to your blog and will look for your awards.

Peace!

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Oh, my! I can never receive too many awards. Thank you! I'm honored