Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pink Bean and Cucumber Salad



On the train from Copenhagen back to Stockholm the bistro had a nice salad which inspired me to make this one for lunch today. Yesterday I soaked then cooked pink beans with ground bay leaf, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. After dinner I took the remaining beans and marinated them over night with seasoned rice vinegar. Romaine, covered with diced tomatoes, onion, red pepper and cucumber with the marinated beans, add a little more vinegar, virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mmm.


"Love Child" 47" x 23" Mixed media on wood by Robin Maria Pedrero

Before the thunder, lightning and down pouring rain I had been photographing some pieces in preparation for entries, and before delivering to collectors. I still have to get some more ideas on how I will frame or box the three mixed media pieces on wood. It is nice to be back in the studio with fresh eyes, ready to select pieces for the SCC exhibit. I never did create another piece from Bok Sanctuary. There's still a little time.







No comments: