Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shady Skies in Sweden


Street view from my seat on the public bus

In preparation I read the Swedes are a humble, keep to themselves people, preferring not to smile hello and just simply look naturally at one another. Coming from the sunshine state, and having recently been welcomed with hugs and a kiss on each cheek in Italy and in Spain despite my preparation I felt a little isolated even though traveling with family. The overcast sky and rain the first two days contributed in the quietest place amongst people I have ever traveled.

In the Land of IKEA and Toberlone, every turn reveals smart blond girls going about their day. We stayed busy and my feet tell me it was almost a run through Stockholm while traveling first by plane to train, taxi, steamboat, motorboat, trolley, subway, bus, and bikes. That was my favorite part. The biking from near the VASA museum to Skansen and back, unforgettable.

No comments: