Monday, August 18, 2008

Contentment in Moon Oil

As you can see early today I began the oil painting of Moon. I struggled with my self talk. My vision of modern verses traditional in both the atmosphere and clothing in the painting and my painting style battled. I worked through it. I forgot breakfast. I forgot Max who kindly let me be. My mind shifted from Brackman, to Dori and Dan. To Herman, Sarah and Judith. I moved through defending what I wanted to do before a list of imagined arguments from invisible teachers. I selected instinctively, weaving in the words, the movements, the lessons melding them with me. Ahh that scent of oil in the studio! This inexplicable feeling of all is right with the world; contentment. Merely fleeting till I step up to the easel again to address the elements, with a smile on my face.

5 comments:

Krys Pettit said...

the red --it is the energy of your contentment and serenity!

Brenda Pinnick said...

A great beginning! Looking forward to seeing your finished piece...no pressure.
And I agree, there is nothing in world that smells better than the oil paints in my studio.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
oh she is beautiful! you are not only a talented artist, but a beautiful writer too. thank you for sharing your thoughts and process. you are so inspiring!
xo
m

Contessa Kris said...

What a beautiful beginning to your painting. I've never really played with oil paints. Pastel sticks, yes but not the paints themselves. I admire your style and your mastery of descriptive words.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. As to your collection, if you have as many lonely socks as I have, you should cut them open, sew them together in pieces and make a very soft blanket for the art room for those cold days. I just might have to do that! You know their matches will never be returning. lol

LC said...

Thank you! It's works like yours that help to inspire me.