Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cupake in the City attending SCC exhibit

"Cupcake in the City" 20 x 17" pastel by Robin Maria Pedrero
Today I saw my model Kat from "Cupake in the City", she saved the date on her calendar for the Seminole Community College Fine Arts Gallery, Sept 2 , to attend the reception where the pastel of her will be displayed. My week has been filled with model sittings, art openings, art deliveries, lunch dates and numerous art entries coming in for me to coordinate for the jurors of the AWS "Love Works" exhibit at City Arts Factory in downtown Orlando. Moon, my new Korean model is the subject of my next oil painting. I am still playing around with the composition, sketching, feeling inspired enough for a series, yet not wanting to get too far ahead of myself.


5 comments:

odd chick said...

So glad you visited my blog because it gave me a chance to see your beautiful paintings and I love stories about other artists. Your pastel of Cupcake in the City is so wondeful and edgy. I would love to hear more from you.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Nice to meet you too. Thank you for commenting on my work. I value the descriptive words you selected. As a visual person I need the verbal feedback to describe my work. I like the word edgy for that piece!

Diana said...

I am incredibly flattered by your kindness in visiting my corner of the world. I'm all the more honored by the calibre of your art. Your Cupcake in the City literally took my breath away, kind of like a sock in the gut but much more pleasant.

I really look forward to getting to know you and your art. Thank you so much for saying hello. It is such a great feeling to have one's world expanded in such a delightful way.

xox

davay colly said...

Hi Robin, I saw your post on my blog ... davecollyjap.blogspot.com ... I think your blog is AMAZING!!! I love art...
Dave Collymore

Paula Villanova said...

Hi Robin, I have really enjoyed reading your blog and I love your visual imagery, color, and design. Thanks for visiting my blog!