Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Every day is like it gave birth

That's "Another thing about creation is that every day it is like it gave birth, and it's always kind of innocent and refreshing." Louise Nevelson goes on to say "So it's always virginal to me, and it's always a surprise."

Moon oil painting in progress by Robin Maria Pedrero
Those words from Nevelson is what I believe to be how she described both the uncertainties and contentment we derive from creating. Once again I am glad to be at the easel stepping up to doubts and uncertainties. Moving in and out, problem solving, molding Moon's face that beckoned me this morning, taking joyous leaps across the background to a place where I break just being giddy. Yes I have the window open, and fan blowing the turpentine and varnish, but it's more than that. For those who are riding along on this journey with me, thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Let us celebrate creation!

2 comments:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Moon is coming along quite well and you are guiding us on a visual journey both with your painting and your wonderful narrative!

trisha too said...

beautiful!

the movement is lovely,
mesmerizing