Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wet paint on Moon

A shot as I break, the areas I need to work on are wet. My focus has been on the face, hands and jacket today. It's a good time for a black bean burger and catching up on a few things. As I write this I am looking at the 2008 Academy Series from the Portrait Society of America showing Michael Del Priore's oil portrait of Bill Gates. The hands and the face are the shining stars of this work of art where for me he takes what could have been a boring corporate portrait and makes it interesting. I used the Connecticut Society of Portrait Artists link so you can see the portrait because in googling him several different sites popped up and the CSOP site has the Gates portrait on it since Del Priore recently taught a workshop there.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Moon is looking absolutely incredible and heading towards a remarkable finish.