Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"The Wish" oil painting my Robin Maria Pedrero

"The Wish" 12" x 12" oil by Robin Maria Pedrero
A collector, Candace absolutely loves my oil work, particularly my pieces that are more expressive. She often tells me to do more oils and comes seeking my new work. This piece is in honor of Candace's wishes, looking up the hillside of a rooted tree. I have a few finishing touches to go on it. I usually work on three or more pieces in progress at a time. Working on something with no bounds gives me freedom from my tighter or patterned work like my time spent today on the satin floral dress on Moon. The image of looking up a hillside or cliff at a rooted tree is a reoccurring theme in my work. My other similarly themed pieces are in private collections and quite large so this smaller format is new fun for me. I like square grounds.

No comments: