Monday, September 29, 2008

Adventure with Advisor Wolf and Ancient Artist Equity


The Artists Advisor is Managed by Melissa Wolf, Artists Career Coach, of The Artists Objective. Her new blog features articles about everything from digital imaging to getting on the web to showing and selling. I learned musts about labeling my digital images on her blog today. I met Melissa when I was on the National Board for the Women's Caucus for Art for a conference in New York. Artist Bonnie Sprung and I took a cab from the airport to Melissa's apartment in Queens, where Bonnie would stay during the week. Bonnie grew up in New York,whereas I had just made visits from CT. I literally held on to Bonnie's coat tails as all three of us, manuvering with my two suitcases trudged through the February slush on to subways to the downtown Warwick (the Beatles used to stay there). That was the conference year I watched people ski down Broadway because of the blizzard. The mueseums closed so we had lots of time to get to know one another during the conference. Exciting news! Melissa just told me she is working on a comprehensive book for artists. Another great post today is from Sue Smith, The Ancient Artist, who reminded me in the midst of my being groggy today to persevere and to Equity Stake. They are both smart cookies. I am honored to share that"Wander where the wind blows" (above) is now part of a private collection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have used that digital info last month for sure!

Claudia

Bill Weaver said...

Check out my recent comments on Melissa's blog regarding both labeling images and buying digital cameras. I'll be posting in-depth information on both soon on my blog.

Anonymous said...

What is your blog, your name links to a website

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

http://www.theartistscenter.com/

This is Bill's Blog

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks Robin (and Melissa!) for some great info!