Thursday, September 18, 2008

Art critic and journalist Roberto Maurizio Russo interviews Robin Maria Pedrero

ROBERTO MAURIZIO RUSSO is a STORICO E CRITICO D'ARTE . Please click on his name and go to the link even if you do not read Italian. It is very interesting to explore his site. He is a journalist and art critic from Livorno Italy. He has not yet translated the interview to place it on his Italian site but it is on his American myspace. Talking to paintress - Interview with Robin Maria Pedrero The language difference made it a little tricky to communicate, but from what I understood he might be translating what I said into Italian. Some of the artists he has interviewed are also on this site, C.AE.S.A.R. He has similar interviews with actors and performers.
Although my mother spoke only Italian as a young child she had not stepped foot in her heritage land. In March of 2008 I took my parents to Italy. We went by Livorno just north of it to Pisa. Part of our tour took us through this area of Tuscany. Where I was inspired to create the above work of art "Tuscany Trails", it is 9" x 9" pastel available in my Etsy store and on exhibition at Seminole Community College Fine Arts Gallery in Sanford/Lake Mary Florida till Sept 25, 2008.


My parents in Pisa, Italy.

12 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
what a great interview. i really enjoyed reading it!
:) melissa

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Melissa,

When he approachedme I was so curious as to what type of questions he would ask. It was very interesting to me too.

vickiandrandyrossart said...

wonderful color! The interview was very insightful...don't know if I could answer those questions without studying them first. GOOD JOB!

vicki

Helen Harris said...

Thanks for announcing the interview on Twitter. I was able to link right to your blog and the interview. Nicely done.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Vicki,
Thanks I am glad you enjoy the work and the interview.
Your response spurs a good idea for myself - answering questions posed from other interviews. It did take some thought for some of those responses.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Helen,

Wonderful! Feedblitz makes that happen in a snap!

Manon Doyle said...

I think your interview was wonderful Robin! They always make me a little nervous but I think you answered the questions beautifully.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thanks Manon,
Yes so true, they do make me a little nervous. I play it over and over in my head. Thanks I appreciate your feedback.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

How wonderful to go to Italy with your folks! One of these years I would like to visit there and explore the art, the countryside, wineries, food and people.

This is a lovely painting too.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Diana,

Yes it is a must for a travel spot.

Thank you, for your comment on my work too.

Gigi said...

Italy looks wonderful.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

It is.