Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Contemplative Rhythms

I am here today. In the land of contemplation. This piece "The Rhythm Section" was commented on by Professor Jay Spalding as his favorite piece in the SCC exhibit. He is gifted not only as an artist and professor, explaining in words I wish I'd captured for future sharing. I just know he left me feeling quite good about my new body of artwork. He used it as an example for his students saying they must master the realistic in order to go to the next level of expressive work, stating you can not get there without that knowledge. I am pleased yet in retrospect, was I a little slow in getting there?
Yesterday I moved the interior elements of my studio purposefully to initiate a change, solve problems and create a fresh space to work. It changed. My desk top would not start again so the Geek Squad has it today. I am studying Graeme Smith's newsletter "Art Professional" from his website www.myartcareer.com, listening to Kurt Bestor's etheral music.
Tomorrow Sept 25th is the last day of the SCC exhibit. I am going to miss that space, it has been a joy to show there.

4 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh robin!
i agree this piece is very special. you know when you look at something and it feels like everything in your brain is saying wow! and just smiling? That is what my brain is doing right now. :) what a gorgeous painting.

Manon Doyle said...

Oh! This piece is absolutely stunning Robin. Congrats ... you should be very proud!

Peggi Habets said...

This piece has wonderful feeling to it, soft and Sunny and yet vibrant and active. Love it!

Gigi said...

Robin,
This piece is very beautiful. I really like the colors. It is so alive.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I posted a cute video on my blog. Reminds me of "Rosie".