Monday, September 08, 2008

Pedrero's pastel portrait in progress

Clare has gained presence on my easel while across the studio Moon wanes through the mirror. Max looked up at Moon and started barking at her two days ago, I was actually a little flattered. It was funny but I could understand because while outside playing with him I had glanced into my unlit studio and startled myself that someone was in there. I felt silly, yet portraits do posses a presence, even in progress. Young lovely Clare is a portrait that was given as a gift from her grandmother who was the winning bidder at the Wings Of Peace silent auction last year. I met with Clare's mother and sister at Trade Winds park on a wonderful over cast day. Perfect for an outdoor photo session where I took 300 images of her.


9 comments:

Marionette said...

Robin,
Love this portrait! Pastels are a fun and colorful medium! Your work is so stunning and colorful!

Aloha from Kauai,
Marionette

trisha too said...

hey, Robin!
thanks for stopping by to "see"
me, I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Love it so far! glad you have gotten started- can't wait to see more:)
Molly

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
i love seeing your work in all of its stages. you are amazing!
melissa

Manon Doyle said...

I'm so excited to see this piece as it progresses!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Aloha Marionette,

Thank you.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Molly,

I am glad you like the start to your daughter Clare's portait!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Melissa and Manon,

Thank you! I am also working on the mini canvases for the exhibit that involves my internet connection with each of you.

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Robin, I am so glad to see this early version of Clare here, I was very excited about this portrait when I saw it in your studio this week and I LOVE to see things in progress, so I am glad to be able to look back at this one and I will continue to follow it.

I should have you do my portrait and I will do yours sometime, just for each other. what do you think about that? :)