Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SPOTLIGHT Peggi Habets Part II

Today we continue with our SPOTLIGHT on artist Peggi Habets.

Robin: Does marketing come naturally to you with your design background or do you research methods?

After 15 years as a graphic designer, I must say that a design background absolutely helps with the technical skills you need for marketing. However, marketing someone else’s business is very different than marketing your own artwork. Even with a design background, I find I need to keep up with new technology and the latest marketing tools. I get many of my ideas from other artists who are willing to share what did and did not work for them. Artists are among the most generous people in sharing ideas and resources with others.

For those who don’t have a design background, there is a wealth of information and help out there. If you aren’t familiar with art marketing coach Alyson Stanfield, go to her website at Art Biz Coach. You can sign up for her free e-newsletter as well as read through back issues and find specialized help and resources. Empty Easel is another great website and weekly e-newsletter with everything from an artist spotlight to tips and techniques.
Robin: Thank you Peggi for sharing with all of us.

5 comments:

Manon Doyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manon Doyle said...

Sorry Robin... I had to remove my first comment because of a typo. Anyway..... I loved your interview with Peggi! I love her blog and she's always willing to share a wealth of information.

Manon Doyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa and Emmitt said...

what a wonderful interview.
i love alyson stanfield. her book I'd Rather be int he Studio,
http://www.idratherbeinthestudio.com/
is a must have not only for artists by all business owners.
thank you peggi and robin for sharing this wonderful information.
melissa

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

That book is the artist's bible!