Thursday, October 02, 2008

Autumn Air

As the sun set last night I prepared the portrait of Clare for her journey home in a protected hand made mat board portfolio. Afterwards I tore new Tobacco Canson Mi- Tientes paper and tapped it to my drawing board on my easel. Just before Pushing Daisies I laid in some sky filled with red and blue. While Jay Leno echoed from the living room I placed the new velvety snug glove on my right hand and began to burn the midnight oil. This morning I went to Steinway Gallery to place a label next to "Morning Awakening". The other two artists have not yet delivered their work. Hmm. Back in the studio Joss Stone, Lenny Kravitz, Hevia, Fitzburgh Jenkins' Mango Man and more play from my I Pod in the corner. I decided since I am shipping more of my artwork nowadays to risk a layer of spray fixative. I am not a fan of spraying. The work is dark now and I must liven it up. With glove on hand and a pocketful of colors called by the crisp autumn air I become one with color, with the sky, with air, with the earth expressing the vision in my mind. Here....

20" x 16" untitled in progress Tuscany memory by Robin Maria Pedrero

1 comment:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
you always inspire me!
xo
melissa