Monday, October 27, 2008

Balloon Flight by Robin Maria Pedrero takes off


The sky entices me and the idea of floating in an air balloon sounds exhilarating. This piece explores that feeling of floating near billowing clouds. New in my Etsy shop is a 10" x 8" titled and hand signed mat with a 6" x 4" reproduction of "Balloon Flight" . This item is posted on the VAST Gallery blog too. The original is featured at Celebrations Gallery in Pomfret, Connecticut.
I have twice, first in Connecticut then years later in Sedona Arizona, signed up to go on a balloon flight and was canceled due to inclement weather. This is on my list of things I want to do. Have you taken an air balloon flight ever? What was it like?

8 comments:

ArtSnark said...

Wonderful piece - the original must be breathtaking. I've never been in a balloon but have always wanted to since watching the movie Around the World in 80 days as a kid. (The David Niven version). They appear in my artwork too, but in a more fanciful steampunk way. Off to visit your Etsy shop - thanks for stopping by my newbie blog :)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
oh this piece is exceptional. it is so peaceful and beautiful.
i have never been in a balloon but I love seeing them in the sky!
xo
melissa

Manon Doyle said...

What a great piece Robin! Hot air ballooning is also on my list of things to do. They have a huge festival in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada every year. I also always see them in AZ. It looks like so much fun!

EWian said...

Bold sky, the balloon makes it all come together. Sorry no balloon flight for me, some day maybe. Have you seen the old film "around the world in 80 days" there is a balloon scene there quit funny.

EWian

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

EWian,

I dreamed of that movie for years. How interesting.

Judy Mackey said...

Hi Robin,
Thank you for visiting my blog, Love yours! So much to read and the clouds in Balloon Flight is very exciting.
Mackey is a married name but when we visited Scotland long ago and tried to look up the Mackay clan (closest name) we were told that Mackey was Scotch Irish! Ha!
Let's keep in touch!
Judy

A Robin's Nest said...

Hi Robin! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments. Your Balloon Flight painting is beautiful. It makes me feel like I could be floating on a balloon in those clouds! I haven't been in a hot air balloon and perhaps someday will get the opportunity to try it! Take Care - Robin

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thank you.
It will be interesting for several of us to experience the actual balloon ride. I have gone hang gliding attached to a tether line in Chattanooga. I