Monday, October 13, 2008

Plans, Steps and Relationships in the Journey

Today is yet another active day, and since I like to keep busy that's great! I have three pieces of work in progress with one due to compete in two days, a video or two to put together from the SCC exhibit and the Steinway exhibit, five large four foot pieces to deliver to the City Arts Factory gallery in downtown Orlando (which means parking and walking a distance with big heavy art, wishing there was special parking for artists) and then assist the gallery director in the installation of a fraction of the ninety pieces in "Love Works".

Perhaps like me, you subscribe to blogs via bloglines, feedburner and feedblitz to read favorite blogs but I find the new gadgets and reading list on the dashboard of eblogger so convenient. I like instantly having each new post from my favorites listed and linked. Have you tried it? Do you like it? We can be on each other's followers groups too. Our own tribes. Speaking of tribes and how we all connect to one another. Get this! Above is Hope, me and Christina. Hope and I discovered that she just moved from Norwich Connecticut, my home town AND she is a psychiatric researcher so I said, "you must know my mother, she's ....." and come to find out they worked together! Then I introduce her to my new friend and "The Art Beat " leader Christina who says to her "you look familiar". They discover they sat one behind the other in middle school, and of course its the school in my neighborhood!
"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and
not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

bwphoto said...

The world is indeed small and getting more and more so...what a coincidence you just described. It reminded me of when I was in Disneyland on my way to SE Asia with the army and I ran into a person I swam with in high school, she was working the lockers.

You know your tribe description is wonderful, where do these two fit in to your art? I can see a tribe for your landscapes, a tribe for your portraits and then separate tribes for each of the same categories in every medium you work in. How are you leading them, empowering them?

Manon Doyle said...

Hi Robin,
I'm now following you too! How fun! Glad someone's keeping up with all the latest things out there!
-manon

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Bill,

I involve people in my creative process from inspirations to actual techniques and in progress details. I mentor others in their creative walk. I encourage involvement in the arts regardless of location building a broad community of involvement. My art encourages people towards introspection in the midst of nature. It is my goal to sahre peace and joy.

You are the best! Thank you!