Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Portrait of Clare by Robin Maria Pedrero

Clare has a sparkling contagious glow which I aimed to capture in portraying her. I am pleased with the final piece. The portrait received approval today via email with an "I totally love it!!!" response and will be picked up this weekend. Portrait collectors have the option to order small reproduction giclees, specialty gift items with the image like mugs, Christmas ornaments, journals, or tiles from me. Peggi Habets has this relevant quote from John Singer Sargent on her blog, "Every time I paint a portrait I lose a friend." It's been so nice to have Clare's smiling face greeting me in my studio.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I totally love it too!

Joan

Jennifer said...

You do absolutely lovely work! I found your site through your comment on my interview at Adversity University. I really appreciated your comment there.

I too am a pastel artist, although I haven't done any pastels in a while. The day I discovered pastels was a very glorious day for me. I love working with them.

Manon Doyle said...

I agree with your client..... I love it! The quote is so true.... when you sell or give away a piece of your art it's like relinquishing a part of oneself. Great Job!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thanks to all of you!

Cherie said...

What a lovely blog site you have here, Robin! I've enjoyed lingering over the beautiful colors in the paintings. Just wonderful.

Peggi Habets said...

Just beautiful. You have captured that boldness and shyness dichotomy that is so common at that age. Nice work. Thanks for the little plug too! :-)