Friday, October 10, 2008

Sea of Love Undertow

Susan Loden is a wonderful artist and journalist. She wrote a great article about my Textile Thresholds series and Tree assemblage sculpture last year. I admire her work like the piece above which is in the juried "Love Works" exhibit at City Arts Factory. She is now the New Executive Director for Lake Eustis Museum of Art.
An artist and journalist, Loden has written hundreds of published reports on
the arts and artists for Orlando Arts Magazine, University of Central Florida
and the Sanford Herald. A Lake Mary resident, Loden was development
coordinator for UCF’s Flying Horse Editions Fine Art Press and Gallery. She has
a great interest in the arts, and especially in how the arts and artists can
drive the economic development and lifestyle of a community.
I encourage a visit the Museum. If anyone wants to make an artist date with me before November 9th, the close date of the present of the exhibit, Cephas Wong: Influence and Inspiration, I am planning to go. It's less than an hour away from me at 200 B East Orange Avenue, Eustis, FL 32726 – 4139
Although I am guilty of whining of too much volunteer responsibility in my piece of the world lately, a key to happy volunteers is spreading the work load to more people. The Museum has ample and interesting Volunteer Opportunities.

Featured art by Susan Loden "Sea of Love Undertow"
Assemblage: Metal and glass 12” H, 12” W, 13” D
Price: $2,300
"My assemblages deliver unique messages of love, hate, revenge, redemption, humor, horror, death, war and peace. Inspired by objects gathered in the moment, my creations surprise while representing my beliefs, subconscious and experiences. Sea of Love Undertow lovers drift unaware of powerful forces that threaten to pull them apart."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan's work is very interesting. I like how she wrote about the piece of work too. I live too far but am glad I saw it here.

Terri CT