Friday, October 24, 2008

Transformation

Another piece transformed. This is a piece that I began on Tobacco Canson Mi - Tientes. This was my first time using that color and I will probably think twice before selecting it again. I felt it muddied the whole piece, yet I continued to work on it. I was unable to produce what I was striving for so ....
























inspired by my mixed media piece which I am so attracted to right now.... the 3rd piece in my Love Works creations but I did not enter it in the show, now hangs in my bedroom..... I took the Tuscany Memory and decided to play. First with soft pastels then figured hey while I am at it let's go for it! Adding elements of oil pastel, colored pencil and a little acrylic paint.

VOILA!
When I see it here I recognize that I have some similar pieces in my portfolio... hmm

4 comments:

ceevee said...

Gorgeous. So richly colored I want to finish my errands today and be inspired by your work!

Odd Chick said...

Your color choices are just so bold and warm, yet electric and vibrant. ANd I love your bedroom wall of poppies. Your mixed media piece intriques me and makes me want to get my stuff gathered around me and just try.

Manon Doyle said...

I also love your color choices. The poppies are beautiful.... I've done a ton of poppy paintings plus a mural of them!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Those are stick ons from IKEA. I love that poppy color and the large blossoms.