Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goals that make my heart sing

I am staring at my pristine "5" book, which ought to be pen filled by now. Flipping through "I'd rather be in the studio" by Alyson Stanfield my mind is wavering with dreams, doubts and unanswered questions, the what ifs. I tell myself I already ought to know. I google my thoughts and see what pops up to find Linda Summers Posey's blog Artists Alive and Well. There seems to be lots of juicy jewels but my focus is on her words about being an abundant artist. Here to bridge the gap over my goal block, as an exercise for myself I mix her words and mine to kick start my new goal list.

I desire to be an abundant artist, expanding creativity and skill in my
artwork, expanding my territory, and tribe. My tribe of fellow artists, coaches, mentors, collectors and fans surround me with excitement for my art. Passion for my art career fills my thoughts day and night. Hard at work and hard at play are aspects of my career which bring me joy. I set challenging, yet doable goals that inspire me to be my best, and make my heart sing. The time, energy and resources to achieve those goals is already in place. I partner with other artists who openly share their resources and talents as I do. I consider who to invite as salon members. Sacrifice and compromise can be lessons to find creative solutions for opportunity or change.



That's an encouraging beginning. Why is putting to paper what makes our hearts sing so difficult? Those fears of arrogance, ignorance, impossible dreams mixed with reality, confused with following the rules yet persevering to make IT happen. When the real question is WHAT is IT?

The artwork above is "Sunset Palms" created by Robin Maria Pedrero in soft pastel. It is available as a reproduction in my Etsy Shop.

4 comments:

Smoky Glow Studios said...

Amen to that. This paragraph is particular to saying the words out loud. Life is so wonderful to be able to fearlessly expand creativity, we can't afford to be negative; it's a wise thing to surround ourselves with other artists, coaches, mentors, collectors and fans... who openly share their resources and talents..as we all do and the interchange of encouragement is such a reward,..."and possibility lives in art, like weeds in an untended lot".

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Arlene,

We belong to one another's tribes for sure!

The Epiphany Artist said...

"The time, energy and resources to achieve those goals is already in place." I like this statement above- my version is to act and do as if grace has already been given- there is another part- ask and keep asking for your dreams. Dare to ask what only God and not others can answer and your cup will over flow for others!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
what a beautiful and inspiring post. i love visiting your blog everyday.
xo
melissa