1. Exhibit in 3 out of state galleries
Celebrations Gallery Pomfret, Connecticut
Galeria TonantzinSan Juan Bautista, CA
Art House, Atlanta, Ga.
2. Broaden advertising to national
I did not purchase any print hard copy advertising this year. Through Picture -That Gallery in Stamford Ct. my work was published in Unity Magazine sponsored by Thompson Hospitality.
3. Exhibit at college or university
Seminole Community College Gallery
4. Increase web traffic via blogging, forms etc
5. Get a Studio
6. Exhibit throughout southeast
YES...well in Florida still working on SC, GA, TN, AL, NC, VA, WV...
7. Create pieces for project with Davey Jordan and Heather Henson
8. Enter 3 competitions
Exceeded and succeeded
9. Apply for artist residencies
I applied for 1
10. Attend workshops
Nothing formal only demos
12. Create more oil paintings
13. Life painting
15. Keep up with Working Artist, Quicken, Database, and Mailings.
Overall yes, but not consistent enough with some
16. Seasonal hard copy Newsletter
Only printed one, noting it was a large expense and many prefer the greener better for my overhead method of online availability. I did not follow through with seasonal but may scale down to one a year.
Hmm not so painful. I did notice a lack of sales oriented goals which I will need to create for 2009. Especially since I have several venues now; Etsy, 1000 markets, cafe press, lulu...brick and mortar galleries. Time to make lists from books like Alyson Stanfield's "I'd rather be in the studio" and fill in my new "5" book. Like my basket of apples above... one at a time....looking at the big picture.
Art above "Blushin' Granny Smiths" by Robin Maria Pedrero, Pastel Society of America signature member. Created using soft pastel on canson mi- tientes. Located in downtown Orlando Florida at The Desert Lady.