Monday, November 24, 2008

TAGGED...You could be next

I was tagged by Manon Doyle of Hoochie Poochie Studios . I follow her blog filled with artwork and travels. These games are fun. I played once before so I will make these new.

Here are the rules.1. Place a link to the person who tagged you.2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.3. Tag (and link to) seven other artists at the end of your post to let them know they've been tagged.OK.... here we go...... seven unusual things about me

1. I like the smell of tar. Yes, these are supposed to be unusual things. It instantly brings me back to summertime as a child when the city crews would fix the torn up Connecticut roads.

2. I lost some hearing in my left ear at a rock concert "For Those about to Rock" in the early 80's.

3. When I eat spicy food I often get one hiccup.

4. When I am in our pool I pretend I am in the air flying. Yes I am in my 40's and considered relatively sane.

5. I had a baby tooth fall out last year.

6. I have always been an artist and if you are an artist reading this you know there are times when we have "day jobs", not necessarily in the day but the bread and butter whether it be for family or to support our art habit. My list is long and unique. Here is one; for two years when people asked me what I did I told them just call me Omar the tent maker. If you have a Light Dome made around 1997 with the initials RP on the inside flap, that means I was the heat sealer. Also, I was the sales rep so I might have sold you your Light Dome.

7. At a NY Art Expo I slid through the velvet ropes to an unveiling of a bejeweled Salvador Dali clock. Brooke Shields and other celebrities were there.

I'm running around now to catch an artist who wants to play tag. Marionette, Megan Wolfe, Angela at Pickles on Pizza, Jordanka Yaretz, Stacey Merrill's ArtSnark, Vicky and Randy Ross and Kristina Laurendi Havens.

5 comments:

Julie-ann said...

Your 5 minutes of fame! Great read!
Thank you for following my blog.
I am holding a nomination for best new artist. To award with 1st choice artist award Not to includ me, lol!

afiori said...

The thing about you baby tooth is what will stick with me after reading this!!! :o
Extraordinarily strange.

Manon Doyle said...

Love your blog! The smell of tar cracked me up because I feel the same way about cut wood! LOL!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy thanksgiving Robin!
have a wonderful day!
xo
melissa and emmitt

Manon Doyle said...

Happy Thanksgiving Robin! I hope your day is a good one!

-manon