Thursday, January 01, 2009

Americana Adventure Numero Uno

We began our adventure to the state capitols in the warmer south during the winter month of December. I share my travels as they become a part of my art, my "Visual Journey".

First state capitol our own Tallahassee Florida!


Florida's Historic Capitol is complete with southern charm! We arrived as the rosy glow of the day highlighted parts of the building. New cameras in hand each of us took photos on our Americana Adventure which we plan to publish. Many of my images focus on the landscape and sky to use as references in my artwork. I enjoy to photograph close ups of columns, stairs, patterns in walkways, sewer covers and trees. I exhibit my photography less frequently than the artwork I create by hand as it is not my area of concentration. The recently published book of our travels in Italy for my parents inspired us to publish our Americana Adventure. It will be years of investment as we accomplish this project as a family. As our teens consider their college options, we drove through the Florida State University campus. While driving besides clicking away we played games like name that tune on our ipods, I spy, and word games. Next the big GOLDEN PEANUT. Do you know where that is? Not too far from a giant rooster...

2 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Hey Robin,
Very cool that you'll publish Americana Adventure! How exciting!
We're also looking at colleges for our daughter right now!
I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

I'm looking forward to following your adventures!

Happy New Year!