Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best day eva



I say this with delight copying my daughter who proclaims certain days for whatever reason "the best day EVA". It was a cool Florida 60 degree day, perfect to be outside finishing up some images and preparing them to be documented and placed up for sale. I do not always spray my pastels. I often use fixative as a tool. There was a piece in my studio that needed to be darkened by spray. I ran to a close Michael's art supply store and got some Winsor Newton Fixative. I am asked perhaps twice a month by artists which fixative I use. I never had an answer till now. Fabulous product! Above is a pastel "Serene Sailing" 10" x 15" , below is my screened in porch area. I would rest fixative wet pieces on the tables, running in and out to the back yard. At the table hand tearing some of the edges, then photographing outside on white mat board, and back in to measure and document.

9 comments:

Arija said...

You are so productive!
I have always used Windsor and Newton's products. Their artist's quality oils, watercolours, refined turps., fixatives etc. take some beating. Expensive but well worth it.
Happy Christmas.

Manon Doyle said...

The painting is wonderful! I really like the torn edges! I'm always so excited when you find the right product after a long search!
I hope you have a happy holiday Robin! It's been great getting to know you in blogland! Thank you so much for your friendship!

-manon

Azure Islands Designs said...

Love this painting...the sky is amazing and I also like the torn edges...gives it an interesting look!!!

Happy Holidays to you and yours...
Cheers

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Arija,

I use many Winsor lines in my oils and brushes and just a handful of their pastels. I had used their spray once before. This spary had no mixing ball in the can and dries instantly with little odor. That was new to me. And most importantly it will be my new fixative as it barely darkened a thing. I went to the store to get a can to darken a piece but found a gem that did not darken.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

It does look like a lovely day (especially since I'm still snowed in). Beautiful paintings too.

Peggi Habets said...

That does sound like a great day. Lucky you. Hope you have an even better holiday. Catch up with you in 2009.

carla said...

How beautiful! I love the torn edges! It's also very neat to see all your paintings lined up on the tabel. The blues are wonderful:>

Anonymous said...

I can truly say that I have never read so much useful information about Blogger: Robin Maria Pedrero Blog - Post a Comment. I want to express my gratitude to the webmaster of this blog.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed to read such a powerful story about Blogger: Robin Maria Pedrero Blog - Post a Comment. I will post a link on my coupon site to this blog post. I will be back to read more.