Monday, December 15, 2008

Collection & Collected

Two of my tiny pink pieces are in the upper right hand corner.
Full view of all 5 pieces here.



I received an email from Steven Peterman of Art House Gallery

We want to thank everyone for making the canvas project a huge success! The show was great! We ended up having 925 canvases on the wall from 185 people! Those of you who missed the live broadcast can see pictures on our flickr at www.flickr.com/arthousecoop. We will be adding more throughout the week. It was a huge success! We will also be having a closing reception on December 26th from 7-9. So if you live near and couldn't make it to friday night show please come on down then. Thank you so much again for all the hard work everyone put into the canvases! We had a great time seeing the results!

I am so glad the Art House staff made the exhibit available live and via flickr! I am excited to see all the canvases in rows, the collection and final product. The placement of the pieces as a whole create a final piece.
Also here for you to see before I frame it...TA DAH My new Rick Jones art! BTW in my ignorance I asked about his signature.....it is on the back of the piece to not detract from the work. I am thinking of framing it between sheets of glass.


AND MAD PROPS to Celebrations Shoppes Gallery for selling another piece of mine this week. The CAST girls rock! "Sighing Sun" is wrapped up under a Christmas Tree in a New York City home. The art collector's note said "It will have a loving home with me! Can't wait to show it off on Christmas!"

4 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

congratulations robin!
what a great post!
xo
melissa

Manon Doyle said...

Congrats on selling another piece Robin! The canvas project looked very cool!
BTW.... I would've asked the same question about the signature on the Rick Jones piece....lol!

afiori said...

Now those are tiny paintings :o
I especially like the one where you write about your blog and the one with the postmark.

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Lisa said...

Congrats on the sale! How cool to think of it under the christmas tree.