Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A day in the life of an artist

Someone tweeted they'd done all their shopping. Yikes not me. I have the count down to the right as a reminder. There's still time to buy. I met with friend and artist Nancy Moskovitz when we dropped off (term used by artists for delivering artwork to galleries) at The Gallery at Avalon Island for the The 4th Annual Artists Registry.com Members Juried Exhibit, then had a fab Thai lunch at Napasorn's, and did a mini tour of City Arts Factory for the final week of the group exhibit "Gratitude" which I have "Glory of the West" in. We enjoyed our time sharing marketing tips, opinions and goals. Returning home I stopped by and made a payment to my framer, checked my PO Box, and mailed some notes. Max missed me and he smells so good from his bath yesterday. (1st time visitors he's my shih tzu) Then to my daily email, shoppes, and social networks. I made a new ETSY Treasury http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=26067 , that link is only good for 2 days then the mini online exhibit ends. BTW there is still time to order Holiday cards http://pocketfullofcolors.blogspot.com/2008/12/celebrate-season-with-holiday-gifts-and.html
Cards and the piece featured above titled "Take the Yellow Road", one of three pastels requested by Celebrations Gallery are available now in Pomfret CT . All in a day in the life of an artist....to quote Lisa Call "all in the glamorous life of an artist". Did you notice I did not talk of making any art today?

4 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

I'm in the same boat as you Robin! I need to get something done for Christmas!
What a beautiful painting this is!! I'm so impressed by your work!

Nancy Moskovitz said...

Robin's work is even more beautiful in person. Thanks for the shout out.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
what a great post! i love seeing into your day.
:) melissa

Rhi said...

This picture is beautiful! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog, I'll be back soon!