Thursday, December 04, 2008

Gold to Colors

Who can guess what inspired the title for my blog? The old photo is me standing next to my oil painting, (apples...) which now hangs in my mother's dining room, shown above at a juried exhibit at the Mystic Art Association, in Connecticut when I was a teenager. I listened to a song where I would often superimpose the word gold to colors while singing. Gold (currency) and color, art supplies at hand or even just flowing from my hand, seemed of equal value to have in my pocket. Actually it is still relevant as I live the dream seeking the silver lining. Come to think of it I exchange color for gold, every time someone buys a piece of my art. People who went to high school with me may have a slight advantage guessing as I used the words in my yearbook quote. Care to take a guess?

13 comments:

Julie-ann said...

Hi Robin you have been given a beautiful blog award. Please visit my blog. No pressure if to busy. Thank you for your beautiful self and your art!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
i love this post! youa re so amazing! you painted that gorgeous painting in high school?

wow!
xo
melissa

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Melissa, Yes in high school.

Anonymous said...

All I can think of is the pocketful of sunshine song that is out now.

Donna

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

I like that song too!

purplecat said...

Hi Robin, so you have just gone veggie-well done!! I have been vegetarian for 18 years now, I wish I had done it earlier.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This was fun to read your thoughts. Now you can visit my blog and learn something about me and also see that you've been tagged! Have fun!

Manon Doyle said...

Love your post! You can really see how talented you were even at a young age!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

No guesses on the song yet?

Julie-ann said...

A plaeasure, your art is really inpressive! Thank you for your kind messages.

Gainor said...

Wonderful picture, Robin. We might have been in the same show! Mystic Art Association was my first venue too, when I was 10 years old with a painting that I still have that hangs in my office.

Thanks for sharing so much with us!
Gainor

Paula Villanova said...

I don't know what the song is (Pocketful of Miracles?) but I do know this...we should all have a pocketful of colors! I love the picture of you AND your painting.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Gainor,
I exhibited there in high school in the adult juried exhibits. How fortunate for you to have began there exhibiting in the student gallery shows! I modeled there too...did you paint me I wonder?