Friday, December 05, 2008

Over the Hills and Far Away

Answer to Guessing the blog title
The answer is Led Zeppelin's Over The Hills And Far Away. The classic rock lyrics"..... Many dreams come true and some have silver linings I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold. ..." or colors...
Season of Giving
Friday night I went to the Ivanhoe artwalk to see a favorite artist friend Aurora Rincon . I hope
to have her work in my art collection someday. On my stroll I was delighted to buy a piece of art from Rick Jones. I have been looking at his work for a year now and it was time. I walked in a new shop "heather handmade goods" on North Orange Ave. Orlando Fl. When I saw the items and owner I thought I recognized her from Etsy. Turns out we had met at our friend Elizabeth St. Hilaire's surprise party. Her handmade bags are on my list! In trying to live by my words of my previous post Spirit of Giving and Receiving I found a gorgeous blue topaz bracelet for me. Receiving gets easier with practice. I am making gift books on Lulu which are just gorgeous, family items. I am inspired to put together others for purchase. My shop presently has calendars and catalogs.
Above
The desert scene I depicted in pastel is from a vacation in Cabo San Lucas. We were coming back from Todos Santos after visiting the Hotel California, the one from the Eagle's song, we actually were inside their courtyard and the mission bells rang 12 times. Incredible. The view of these hills is returning to the main road from a beach on Big Sur. It is for sale http://www.1000markets.com/users/avisualjourney
Over the hills and far away...

2 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Wonderful post Robin! The artwalk sounds awesome! Too cold for art strolls in Ohio!
Love the painting and the Hotel California story is great!!

RickJones said...

:)