Monday, January 05, 2009

300th Landmark with Goals

I smiled when I saw this is my 300th post land marking my Art Career Goals for 2009. When I posted my 2008 achievements Alyson called me out on specifics, some which I did not share some which I hadn't made. If you are an artist and have an art business and have not made your goal list yet consult Alyson Stanfield's Art Biz blog and book. I did a quick search of other artists' goals before posting mine. As I commented on the other blogs I left words of encouragement and shared some suggestions in their quest. Yes we do take a big gulp when making the desires of our hearts so vulnerable in public. Yet on the other hand I ask you, since you are here reading, would you? could you? help me achieve a goal on my list? Or who do you know that could help me succeed? Risk. Ask. Believe. Receive. Gratitude.

So what do I want? I want to be in National Museums - Met, Chicago Art Institute, Boston Museum of Fine Art etc. I want to be internationally known, respected for my work and collected. I want to profit from art (originals and products). I will produce a significant body of work which I aim to be pleasing and glorifying to God.

I have fine tuned parts of my personal list with specifics. Here is a broad list filled with challenges, doable but most of all goals I believe in.

1. Apply for Museum shows
2. Maintain present Galleries
3. Expand to new territory in other states

4. Exhibit at more Galleries in Florida - note to self get out and DRIVE
5. Create and document 60 new pieces of work (for sale not counting studies)
20 - 16 x 20, 18 x 24 range
10 - LARGE 30 plus size
30 - small
6. Market early work online and in products
7. Prepare EARLY for the Holidays and Promotions
8. Organize data - which includes a back up system and clarifying of images etc.
9. Online Venues - I have specific sales goals at Etsy and 1000 markets
10. Create more products to generate revenue - through Cafe Press, Lulu, Shutterfly, Imagekind, etc.
11. Use connections already established - I have met and know some great people and need to utilize the opportunities I have been offered.
12. EBAY - learn it, do it, at least 5 pieces
13. Find better solutions for framing overhead
14, Artist Residency - find viable ones that I can afford
15. Apply to Who’s Who
17. Build Capitol by Building Sales

18 Visit more galleries and museums
19. Continue my positive practices; blogging, social network medias, newsletters, postcards, mailing lists, attending exhibits, build the tribe and pay tribute to patrons, etc
20. Inspire, share, mentor and give

I ask again do you see my work someplace you are connected to? Are you interested in my work for yourself or a gift? Perhaps you have an opportunity to participate in a show with you and we can reciprocate? Do you have solutions or suggestions to help me obtain my goals? Will you right now sign up for my mailing list on www.gallery523.com or blog via feedblitz or follow?
Thank you for sharing in my Visual Journey and making dreams come true.

11 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Its an impressive list Robin! And I have to commend you for making it public- putting your dreams out there- very difficult and very brave. Sometimes its not until we say them "out loud" that they become real- even to the dreamer.
Best wishes for making dreams come true in 2009!

Arija said...

I wish you every success!!

Sue Choppers-Wife / http://www.1000markets.com/shops/ninedragons said...

Great goals, Robin! A bit more specific than mine lol

Do you have the book 'Art & Reality' by Robert J. Abbott? It's very good for helping an artist reach their goals and I re-visit it each year.

Also, keep an eye out for the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery competition, entry for this year's show is already closed but I think they'll be calling for new ones for next year.
http://www.portraitcompetition.si.edu/index.html

Good luck with all your goals!

Sue

Ebb Tide said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your encouraging comment. You have BIG art goals. Someone said, "if you can't do 100%, do
20%.". Best wishes w/ all your goals.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
what a wonderful post. your goals are well articulated and very inspiring!
xo
melissa

Marionette said...

Robin,
This list is so awesome! I am a firm believer in setting goals and most importantly, writing them down! Years ago, I wrote down my goals to move to Kauai and become a full time artist. I copied and put this piece of paper in my desk, in my purse, on my bulletin board, etc.. and looked at it very often. Wouldn't you know it, I reached my goals a little bit early and am now living my dream!

I had to make a few changes along the way, but I am now a full time artist living on the island of Kauai and own my own studio where I teach art! (The money isn't exactly rolling in yet, but I am breaking even or a little better.) The main thing is that I am doing what I love!

I truly admire your passion, business smarts, and your overall wonderful talent! You will certainly reach the majority (if not all) of your goals!

With Much Aloha,
Marionette
P.S. I guess I need to sit down and write out my 2009 Goals! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen said...

I too wish you every success and I hope that we as readers get to witness/be a part of that success. Your goals were so wonderfully helpful for me to read...they make me THINK!
Karen

afiori said...

Best of luck with all your goals, may your dreams come true and may your work be enjoyable.

I'm thinking your paintings would look very right in the High Coast area of Sweden - close to where I live, I don't have any art connections there yet but there are apparently a lot of art exhibitions going on in the summer.

Nancy Moskovitz said...

Hi Robin. You once told me you were driven. I believe you. Just look at those goals. And I can hardly keep up with your blog!

So sorry about your data loss. I'll check into that online storage. Does this mean we aren't worried about copyright infringement with these companies? Seems to me it would be the largest image files that I'd be trying to keep safe....highest res.

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Robin,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. Your work is beautiful! I wish you much success in this coming year with your impressive and fearless goals.
Kris

Ronnie said...

Hi Robin,
I'm printing your goal list as inspiration. Then I'll make my own.
Yeah, tough to be out there with your goals. Very brave, but does tend to commit oneself and magically make things happen. Thanks for reminding me of this. I've been a bit scattered for too long.
I'm adding you to the bottom of my blog page today so I am sure to get a daily Robin HIT!
I plan to listen to the Art seminar tonight. Thanks for that too.
Ronnie - in a small town in Georgia