I smiled when I saw this is my 300th post land marking my Art Career Goals for 2009. When I posted my 2008 achievements Alyson called me out on specifics, some which I did not share some which I hadn't made. If you are an artist and have an art business and have not made your goal list yet consult Alyson Stanfield's Art Biz blog and book. I did a quick search of other artists' goals before posting mine. As I commented on the other blogs I left words of encouragement and shared some suggestions in their quest. Yes we do take a big gulp when making the desires of our hearts so vulnerable in public. Yet on the other hand I ask you, since you are here reading, would you? could you? help me achieve a goal on my list? Or who do you know that could help me succeed? Risk. Ask. Believe. Receive. Gratitude.
So what do I want? I want to be in National Museums - Met, Chicago Art Institute, Boston Museum of Fine Art etc. I want to be internationally known, respected for my work and collected. I want to profit from art (originals and products). I will produce a significant body of work which I aim to be pleasing and glorifying to God.
I have fine tuned parts of my personal list with specifics. Here is a broad list filled with challenges, doable but most of all goals I believe in.
1. Apply for Museum shows
2. Maintain present Galleries
3. Expand to new territory in other states
4. Exhibit at more Galleries in Florida - note to self get out and DRIVE
5. Create and document 60 new pieces of work (for sale not counting studies)
20 - 16 x 20, 18 x 24 range
10 - LARGE 30 plus size
30 - small
6. Market early work online and in products
7. Prepare EARLY for the Holidays and Promotions
8. Organize data - which includes a back up system and clarifying of images etc.
9. Online Venues - I have specific sales goals at Etsy and 1000 markets
10. Create more products to generate revenue - through Cafe Press, Lulu, Shutterfly, Imagekind, etc.
11. Use connections already established - I have met and know some great people and need to utilize the opportunities I have been offered.
12. EBAY - learn it, do it, at least 5 pieces
13. Find better solutions for framing overhead
14, Artist Residency - find viable ones that I can afford
15. Apply to Who’s Who
17. Build Capitol by Building Sales
18 Visit more galleries and museums
19. Continue my positive practices; blogging, social network medias, newsletters, postcards, mailing lists, attending exhibits, build the tribe and pay tribute to patrons, etc
20. Inspire, share, mentor and give
I ask again do you see my work someplace you are connected to? Are you interested in my work for yourself or a gift? Perhaps you have an opportunity to participate in a show with you and we can reciprocate? Do you have solutions or suggestions to help me obtain my goals? Will you right now sign up for my mailing list on www.gallery523.com or blog via feedblitz or follow?
Thank you for sharing in my Visual Journey and making dreams come true.