Sunday, January 11, 2009

Favorable Words

I am so warmed by the words of Kristina Laurendi Havens, who is one of my favorite artists.
I am so touched that she would be moved to write about my work. She is a wonderful artist herself. Thank you Kristina! You can see her work along side mine in Gallery 11.



I adore this landscape by Robin. It is somewhere between a landscape and a
beautiful abstract painting. The red sky is intense, but fits - it doesn't take
away from the rest of the piece. The periwinkle horizon of clouds is intensified
by it's relationship with the crimson sky.
The grasses have a range of cool
and warm tones that create a sense of movement - the lilac in the background
layered with the olives and oranges is a particulary beautiful and complex
moment.
The placement of the trees strikes a wonderful balance to all of the
open sky and land...I love that there is a linear element among all of the
fields of color.
Gorgeous work, Robin.

12 comments:

Ana Tirolese said...

Lovely landscape! Well done!

Karen Faulkner said...

She has described it so well. Fabulous painting!
(I tagged you on my blog today, now you can reveal six random things about yourself to the blog world)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh how wonderful robin!
i love your work too! what a beautiful description of it!
xo
melissa

Abby Creek Art said...

Hi Robin...beautiful painting! I love the red sky and the blue mountains. The colors really pop!

Manon Doyle said...

What a wonderful description of your work! I wish I could write like that!
Your painting is beautiful!

Linda Blondheim said...

Very beautiful Robin. Lovely writing from your friend.
Love,
Linda

Julie-ann said...

Beautiful painting Robin. So much warmth.

Jo Reimer said...

I'm so glad you found my blog, Robin, and I really appreciate your comment. And now that I've found you I'll be returning again and again because I like your work so much.

KaiteM. said...

absolutely gorgeous landscape, so full of emotion and texture. I want to reach out and touch it. It reminds me of a southern Tasmanian landscape. K.

Sue Smith said...

Very evocative, lovely color and technique. The description was a wonderful compliment, too. How do you like 1000 Markets?

Enzie at World Market Portraits said...

Robin, this is a lovely landscape painting. For some reason I am reminded of the shows about Africa when looking at it. Just lovely!

PS. Thanks for looking me up!

Jala Pfaff said...

LOVE this one.