Friday, January 23, 2009

Love is a choice

Not because we have to, but because we choose to. That is the answer. Helping one another is a choice. Taking an interest in one another is something we choose. I am blessed to have people in my life who choose to support, cheer, guide, and enable me to succeed in my goals as an artist. Thank YOU! Recently a friend and I chatted back and forth on facebook where I eventually asked her ...see post from my facebook fan club page here below.


Robin Maria Pedrero: Are there any galleries near you
so I can have a business goal & make a trip to see you?
Julaine: Missoula has a TON of galleries. Helena has a clay artists guild that is visited by people from all over the country every summer. And there are picture postcard views in every direction.
Robin Maria Pedrero: any suggestions on a direction for who is approachable, reliable, and successful?
Julaine: Hmmm. Well, let me kind of check around for you. I know there are a couple of places that have been here for as long as I can remember and always have fresh stuff. That would indicate success and reliability, no?

I got a call from Julaine asking me for the best place to view my artwork online as she was in a gallery telling them about my work! I gave her http://www.gallery523.com/ as it has links to this blog, and my shops. I am just so touched that after our conversation she went out and scouted on my behalf! Then I received a packet of information in the mail from her visit to the galleries. As a token of my appreciation I intend to give her a gift of my art. She selected about 11 favorites. "Purple Woods" will be shipped to her with gratitude.
My next post I will share a story on the benefits of a reciprocal relationship with an artist.

8 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
what a wonderful post! not only are you a talented artist, but an excellent communicator too!
I always look forward to reading your posts.
:) melissa

Karen said...

How beautifully put, your thoughts on making a conscious choice...So true, and so easy to lose sight of.
And the outcome for you is wonderful! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on this!
Let us know what happens.

Karen

Elena said...

Eloquently put, Robin! Beautiful painting as well! I look forward to the next post. :)

I've given you an award! Please check it out at http://ramblingsofe.blogspot.com/2009/01/awards-awards-awards.html

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Beautiful image - I love how the blue tree glows against the background.

And, yes, artists helping artists. It's a beautiful thing. Let us know how it goes!

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

hey! I like the idea of putting the you tube music on there that you are listening too, along with your old artwork, your new artwork and your comments. it's a lot of diverse information and it's what keeps people coming back her to your blog. Good job!

Linda Blondheim said...

A wonderful story Robin.
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I am so touched! Your friendship and the prospect of having your for a visit is motivation enough for me to scout. Thank you so much. I love you.
Julaine

Handycrafts said...

performance best, and great of paint.