Thursday, January 08, 2009

Speaking of knowing cool people

"This one's for Josh" pastel by Robin Maria Pedrero
Remember Josh Garrick, curator for Milenia Gallery, who was at the Artist workshop, and I created art and a video for him? He's quoted here in the NY Times in an interesting article http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/realestate/04cov.html

I like the very different perspectives and opinions from building owners, guests, artists, gallerists and others ranging from positive to vulgar. One artist's complaint reminds me to be careful and use specific terms in contracts in these types of non-gallery situations. I have a non - gallery venue without a contract, time to add taking care of that venue to my list.

Update on the storage device is not good news. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me retaking images of my work at hand and being satisfied with memories of recent travels and family times minus photos.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Robin, Great art! I always love your red skies. Nice video and interesting article as well.

Nancy Moskovitz said...

I hope you have a lot of images stored online...from your blog or whatever. At least that's something.

I feel your pain big time.

Manon Doyle said...

This piece is gorgeous Robin! Your reds are always fantastic!
I feel so bad you've lost all these photos. I know I have to back up mine before I have a problem.
BTW.... I'm taking an online class with Alyson Stanfield.

Livecreations said...

Wow, wonderful!!