Sunday, February 22, 2009

Putting on the miles

Friday night I went with Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson to her opening in Sarasota at the Katharine Butler Gallery. She never ceases to amaze me! You must see the skirt she made of her art, she's wearing it in this post on her blog. Now how incredible is that!! I so enjoy the artists and the staff at KBG. Ruth Hook Colby and I chatted about pastels and art business for a while! The art walk brings out the child in me as I weave in and out through the galleries seeing art friends like Jini Mount whose wonderful sculpture and spirit fill her Celery Barn Gallery, which is where I had once enjoyed a workshop weekend with Judith Carducci. Some new artists were in Towles Court but I was so glad to see Meg Pierce still has her studio. I find her collaged mandalas to be skillfully created and intriguing.
The previous night was 3rd Thursday where I was invited to the opening of my friend Donna Dowless, who is the heart artist and the official Ambassador of Love in Orlando. I also surprised my friend Cheri Reichers at her opening at The Gallery at Avalon Island. There was a nice crowd of artsy friends downtown and I ran into Roland Pasquale who I'd met with Josh Garrick at an art marketing event on the coast.

I have been keeping busy, oddly waking up at 4:30 am and painting. Juxtapose Gallery has added Elizabeth and me to their website and there's lots of excitement going on there in New Jersey this week. If you stop in tell Geri that Robin sent you. This coming Friday is the opening bash for Chrome and Leather at the Museum of Florida Art in Deland where "Many the Miles" above, will be featured.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: