Monday, February 02, 2009

Sound the trumpet



This past weekend we went to the Hoggetown Medieval Faire in Gainesville Florida. I adore the grand display of garb not only by performers but also faire goers! I also take great delight in the MUSIC! My son bought a didgeridoo, a wind instrument of the Aborigines of northern Australia. It is sometimes described as a natural wooden trumpet , which he plays. There were handcrafted instruments in numerous tents and a band, pipes, drums and all that had played at the Scottish Fest performed here too! One of the the highlights of the journey for me was capturing some more farm footage as we drove through rural Florida. I am so excited to continue with my farms series. Meet "Blue"!


"Blue" 9" x 13" pastel by Robin Maria Pedrero

I just had to share this pic of Max of his first time at the beach when we went to Amelia Island!

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
oh i love blue and i always love seeing max!
xo
melissa

Manon Doyle said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love your new pastel!!!
This is the first time is see Max!!! He's very cute!

Watercolorist said...

Great landscape and great color combinations.
Jean

tlwest said...

I like the highlight on the back mountain very much.
Max looks so cute. Pets are such blessings!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

lol the "mountain" is a cloud...that looks like a mountain lol

tlwest said...

Now that you say that it does look like a cloud too. I love this piece - it strikes me as having a spiritual significance