Friday, February 06, 2009

Studio Floor


Although I am in Florida it's chilly with frost outside and my floor is icy. This blanket which I often use to lie prone for long meditative prayer time is where I am planting myself. Here is where I am playing with my new fun medium of acrylic which after struggling with it for months, and even further back years where I just didn't get it, I am now enjoying it. I had a breakthrough yesterday just before leaving for OMA's 1st Thursday, which by the way was GRAND! Like anything else worth doing, practice gains skill and play leads to adventure. I can imagine those of you who work in acrylic are thinking what's all the fuss about. I will tell you although I am proficient in pastels and relish the medium I have been seeking an alternative which is easy to ship without glass. Another is ease of working larger, which often I use oil, my trained medium, but I am favor fewer of toxins. And lastly the glazing makes me giddy!

6 comments:

Ronnie said...

Woo Hoo! I love acrylics too after years of doing oil and the whole clean-up turp thing and folks running their fingers across a wet painting.
I'm anxious to see your results.
Your cattle SKY painting is STUNNING!
Love it love it. If you can find a way to get that saturation of color and depth with acrylic, please SHOW US!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Pastel is the purest pigment to work with so those results are natural to the medium.
Thank you!

Martha Marshall said...

Oh what fun! So many mediums, so little time.

Manon Doyle said...

I'm an acrylic girl but lately I've been messing with Caran D'ache Neocolor ll watercolor crayons...... go figure!

Linda Mahoney said...

I like it too! (Your painting and acrylics.) Have you tried the new "open" acrylics yet. I'm wondering about those...

As one of my favorite blogs, I am giving you an art blog award. It can be copied from my blog at http://artbylindamahoney.blogspot.com/ You are asked to list 7 things that you love and give the award to 7 other artblogs.
Congratulations,
Linda

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Wow, you have a bazillion followers and you have really streamlined your colors and layout of this blog. I love it! much better. I am giving you an award, on my blog. Visit my Paper Paintings Blog at http://elizabethsthilairenelson.blogspot.com/ and pass it along to seven of your favorites!