Friday, March 06, 2009

Collector Story

Max is here to keep you company while you read. A curator phoned me to participate as a working artist for the Providence Academy Fundraiser. Once I committed with a yes, I recognized the name of the contact as someone on my mailing list. After corresponding she mentioned she was an art collector of mine. I was frustrated with myself and a little embarrassed as I did not have her in my database as a collector and did not even know what piece of mine she owned. She invited me to speak to the students about being an artist. I presented my art, and talked to middleschoolers, then high schoolers and lastly elementary students. While there she brought out the piece of work and I instantly remembered! She and her business partner had purchased it while at a gallery in Kissimmee Florida, as a signature piece for a school! Along the line the women's contact info had changed. Even with my database of Working Artist if I loose contact then both me and my collectors miss opportunities! Speaking of opportunities, if you buy art from me today 50% goes to The Providence Academy.

You are invited to

An Evening of the Arts

Come and enjoy the food, art and music and at the same time support the
Providence Academy amazing students!
Date: Saturday, March 07, 2009 from 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM (ET)
Location: Rosen College of Hospitality Management,
UCF 9907 Universal Boulevard Orlando, FL 32819
To Purchase Tickets or Make a Donation go to
http://learningandachievement.eventbrite.com/
Or call Virginia Coe at 407-298-8995

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Congratulations on being a part of this great event, Robin!

And I have similar collector stories -- we probably all do.