Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oil in the studio

I was dancing in the studio today in delight from a full day with no other commitments but to paint. So I began finishing up and creating layers on some pieces in oil. Here is a shot of Moon and a few other pieces on the floor, too wet to take proper photos. I went to town on landscapes, cows and nudes. I kept the windows open and the fan circulating all day. Moon who does speak English but will be taking a class to help her speak more fluently expressed how she really was impressed at the detail in the painting. She was struck at how good the jacket and herself look on that color background. I am pleased but see a few things I need to go back in and solve. Painters, artists, we are problem solvers - didn't cha know?

10 comments:

Stacey-Ann said...

Your Moon painting is gorgeous!!

Paula Villanova said...

This is a fantastic portrait, the pose, expression, and layout are very effective and engaging.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thank you!

Jo Reimer said...

nice work, Robin. You certainly captured Moon's look.

Helen Harris said...

followed your day of painting on twitter...wow! love the red & yes it was a good day of painting yesterday!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi robin!
absolutely breath taking!
your portraits are amazing!

xoxox
melissa

Michelle Burnett said...

Hi Robin, This is lovely! Moon does look great against your wonderful red sky!

Kimber said...

Sigh...how do you keep producing such amazing work? It's a wonder you find the time to spare to help me out with me charities! It's late here but I'm still excited from your egg update:D

Hope to see you very soon.
Kimber

Manon Doyle said...

I love Moon! The colors are fantastic and that sky.... WOW!

Maria-Thérèse said...

I blogged you ♥

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com