Saturday, March 14, 2009

A slice of my life





Here's a store front view of Wolfes Gallery in DeLand Florida, where I delivered more art work to on Friday. The "Slice" is a cute little piece created in acrylic, in a black chunky frame. I just like little pieces in chunky frames! Here is a slightly blurry shot of my 3 new acrylics inside the eclectic, aromatic gallery. I spent several hours enjoying some vanilla cinnamon coffee straight up too, while people from all over the world came in and purchased art! An Irish couple who I had to listen to very intently to make sure I understood actually came from the Isle of Man and took home some great memories. People traveling were selecting works for decorating and others coming in for the perfect gifts. I was impressed.

The other cool thing is that Kim Dean and I had our first official Tweetup! A tweetup is a twitter term for when you meet up with a twitter friend in real life. She's a cutting edge artist, and the food was not our main issue at lunch, it was art talk! She surprised me with a very special act. She brought me a gift of her art! I was flabbergasted! Look she gave me a necklace like this, see here in her Etsy shop . I am so touched by her kindness and her art! She also made some rockin KEDS! http://www.zazzle.com/piece_of_my_heart_shoes-167856682371415174

2 comments:

KimDean-Art4Autism said...

We had a nice time too!

Peggi Habets said...

Looks like a wonderful gallery. It sounds like you had a very successful and enjoyable time. Your artwork looks great in the gallery. Nice fit.