Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Untitled #4 pastel abstract by Robin Maria Pedrero


Untitled # 4 pastel 27" x 20" Robin Maria Pedrero
This is a recent piece. I am still tempted to place a bird in the mid to lower left, why? Just because. Isn't that one of the most wonderful aspects of art, "just because". I have several acrylics in the works with birds, like the ones I just brought to the Wolfe Gallery in Deland Florida. These more abstract pieces are like maps. I was my father's co-pilot "map reader" on many trips as we drove the east coast from Connecticut to Florida. I have always liked maps. There's comfort, power and adventure in the knowledge they provide. I also like taking new paths and adventure, not like cliff diving but more on taking in all that my senses can absorb. I believe it is not just a part of my nature to do so, but my job as an artist. To go, to be sent, then to respond, and share the work.

8 comments:

Rustic Diva Designs and RP Gardens said...

Beautiful! I like the flow of colors. A bird? Hmmmmm perhaps a nice touch.

Robin said...

Love the colors! It has a very soft feel about it and orange comforts/invigorates me:)
I match your feelings about maps. There is something comforting in them and everyone should know how to read one. I taught my daughters on long trips and they took turns finding things for me while I drove.

sassydesigns said...

Hi Robin!
Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog! Your paintings are amazing and I love the "just because" statement! That is what I love most about art! Anything goes, that is ecspecialy true in my altered art pieces! Have a great Tuesday.
Dee

Abby Creek Art said...

Beautiful piece, Robin. It looks like a big thunderstorm developing to me.

Manon Doyle said...

I'm loving this piece Robin! I think a bird would be cool!
Great post.... I also like taking new paths!

Jala Pfaff said...

Go for it!

Sandi said...

I love the abstract and beautiful feel of the colors! Your work always intrigues me and I love it!

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Thank you Sandi!