Thursday, April 09, 2009

Maundy Thursday

I can't remember if this is a Rhea egg or an Emu egg. I painted a few of them in the early 90's which were also in a group project that was exhibited at the Appleton Museum. Eggs painted by artists were taken to the Tallahassee State Capital, if my memory serves me correctly, but I do not know where those are now. I have had this particular egg in my studio for years. I painted over parts and exposed some of the previous work for a new Easter Egg for Kimberanna's Easter Baskets. However the egg is still in my studio. Last week after an emergency call from my mother I took a flight home to Connecticut. I am here now in my father's office, which years ago was my bedroom, and years before that it was the kitchen during my childhood. I am awaiting Hospice to deliver a bed and oxygen for my father who is terminally ill. Sister Rita keeps telling my Dad there's always an Easter after a Good Friday. My father will be delivered back home via ambulance on Maundy Thursday. On the Christian day which the washing of the apostles feet is traditionally recognized my father comes home where we will care for him. My father who has always cared for me.

6 comments:

Arija said...

Oh my dear, it is not the Easter one had hoped for you, yet you are blessed that you have the chance to care for him and with your love to accompany himl, ease his journey to the final big adventure.
Hugs and blessings.

Manon Doyle said...

I'm so sorry to here about your father Robin! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

It's just a painting said...

What a beautiful reflection. Please remember the risen Christ is the main point of this time of year. That is HOPE.

~ellen~ said...

I'm so sorry.

kimberanna_com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberanna_com said...

My heart is with you as a lump forms in my throat. You inspire us all with the beauty in your work, I know it must have been nurtured by that fine man, your father.
Peace, love & support,
Kimber