Saturday, April 18, 2009

My first visit to Celebrations Gallery

I felt so renewed today after visiting Celebrations Gallery and Shoppes in Pomfret Connecticut. The opportunity arose for me to have some time away from my parent's house when my father had a guest and was feeling chipper and energized for the first day since his return from the hospital. I was greeted by owner Jean Barton, who was installing art with her husband on the front porch of the historic 1885 Queen Victorian home, which is now a gallery. My liaison Jackie Mahoney emerged and we met for the first time in person with mutual big smiles. Entering the building Cris Cadiz welcomed me. They are such a wonderful team! Even the giant door was a piece to behold, I promise to get a picture next time. The gallery is HUGE! I was not expecting Celebrations to have so many large rooms. Yankee Magazine has again included the gallery in a an article as a must see place in their March/April 2009 issue. Above the mantel in this room are some of my skyscapes. Below, on the other side of this room in the corner are a few pieces including my whimsical "House of Pears". My jaunt up to Celebrations deserves a part II post...


Bookmark and Share



6 comments:

Arija said...

What a great gallery. Victorian rooms lend themselves s well to displaying pictures beause of their size and high ceilings.
Hope yu are getting some painting done while you are there not just being nursemaid.

Manon Doyle said...

It looks like an amazing gallery! Your paintings fit in beautifully!

Julie-ann said...

Wow, amazing. A great place for your art!

Julie-ann said...

Should a say awesome art! Truth! Awesome!

phyl said...

Congratulations, Robin! What an exquisite Gallery, suited to your work and professionally hung with lots of space.

Katie said...

Looks beautiful!