Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring

I have been watching and drawing spring while in Connecticut. The crocuses and daffodils wave hello, and lilies are shooting up. Trees are budding, birds singing, squirrels scurrying and even the bees are busy. A wasp sat down on the step next to my feet where I sat drawing on the porch so I drew it in several "poses". A squirrel came within two feet to be surprised by my presence and scattered down the hill.

While in Florida a few weeks ago we planted these incredible Yellow Straw Flowers (above). I'd never seen these before. They feel like crispy straw! They are such an interesting flower. They awaken with the sunlight and close up into round balls when dark. They are living but feel like home decor. And they are shiny bright, just luv 'em!

I am also keeping you posted on my father who seems to be doing very well today.

4 comments:

Helen Harris said...

Happy to hear today is a good day for your father...may he enjoy many more with you.

Camera Crazy said...

I keep thinking that I shouldn't live my whole life in Florida and never experience the reawakening of the world. I love those straw flowers, Randy has loads of them at the Polasek Museum. Glad your dad is feeling chipper!

Nabeel said...

was this photo taken at night? It has this enchanting feeling to it :)

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Not quite night, but in the shade. It is enchanting, true.