Friday, April 24, 2009

Very Very interesting....


"First Fruits" (the piece on top) was created when I was 16. It was confiscated by my mother so I would not sell it, which I am kinda pleased about now. I took the pic with my cell phone. Over the past few months while playing with acrylics, like "Juicy Thoughts" (above) I have been placing birds in table settings with questions crossing my mind like would someone even want a bird at their table? Yet I want, to the point I can say, I need the birds to be in these pieces. Now here at my parent's house I looked at "First Fruits" and thought Oh MY what do you know I'd already done that! And I continue to repeat themes and symbols in my work. These symbols speak for me in a visual language.
"Juicy Thoughts" is available for purchase at the Wolfe Gallery in Deland Florida.


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

wow robin
i love this post. your work is so amazing.
xoxoxo
melissa

oh ps, by parrotlet, gilbert sits on my shoulder at every meal and sings in my ear. :)

Kate Beardmore said...

Birds are a lovely theme; they often represent women or goddesses.

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

Mothers always know best, don't they??!?? Great work, and yes, I like the birds. I had a little lovebird, O'Neill, that sat at the table with me all the time. Best little bird!!

ALoha,
Lisa

Debrosi said...

beautiful work! i can see why your mom didn't want you to sell that piece. nicely done!!!

Manon Doyle said...

Terrific work you did at 16!! I really am enjoying these new pieces! I love to look closely at them and try to see every little detail!

Gwen Bell said...

Both of these paintings are so good. It's nice to have a look back.
Yes...I would want a bird at the table.Those unexpected elements are always so interesting!

The Artistic Blogger said...

I have been into birds so much lately--sometimes I think, what is a picture without a bird in it?